Monday, October 3, 2011

Work, wedding, research, writing - Full Plate.

I have to apologize for my lack of updates to the blog this week.  I am having a wedding, and the planning coupled with work and other writing/creative work has kept me away from my blog.  There is a lot of material to cover in the news and beyond.  I just don't have the time to research and write.  I have not been able to write any articles either.  This will change but I don't know when.  Hopefully soon.


In the news, I recently saw a map showing the radioactive Cesium fallout of the Kanto plain - Japan.  Check out the map here. There is no getting away from the fact that we have been exposed to radioactive fallout and will continue to be exposed.  What to do?  The official statements say that everything is ok!  And for each specific point they talk about, if the subject is that specific point only, everything looks to be ok.  Now, I may not be a mathematician, but if they say 500 becquerels per liter of radioactive cesium is ok... does that take into account how much food I am eating?  Does that take into account the other food and its radioactive content that I am eating?  There is no manual for this kind of thing.  The experts say things are bad bad bad.  But none of them give suggestions for what we, the people, should do about it.

It is time to take safety into our own hands.  Do our own research and educate as many people as we can.  As soon as my wedding is finished next week, I will be writing an article on minimizing the radioactive intake of your daily life.  This is meant specifically for people in the Kanto region of Japan, but the information may be useful elsewhere too.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those that don't use facebook, please comment here.