Friday, August 31, 2012

Surgery for a deviated septum and past open skull surgery for brain hemorrhaging.

Surgeon with headlamp

surgeon with headlamp © Lisa Eastman #52450

*Update* 09-01-2012
 For those of you that don't know.  I was going to have surgery in September, to hopefully fix my deviated septum and obstructed sinuses, but that has been pushed to October. The surgery is a fairly big deal and I will be in the hospital for 10 days to a week.  Afterwards, there will be some time before it all heals.  I might not have the ability to sing again for a few months, and I am not even going to talk about worst case scenarios. 

Before going under the knife, there are a few things I want to do.

First, I am going to sing and record my heavy metal version of "The Dragon Born Comes."  Well, only the vocals for now because I don't have time to do the entire thing.

I have been practicing how I want the song to sound and will be ready to start recording tracks on Saturday.  Hopefully the mix will be finished by Sunday and I will post it to YouTube in some fashion.  I intend to include lyrics, of the dragon speech and enunciation for those that may want to try to sing it, but get tripped up by the tongue twisting dragon speech.
 
Second, I want to say how terrified I am of surgery.  I have had surgery once before for a brain hemorrhage in the back of my skull. If you want to know what it was like, Google Bret Michaels, the past lead singer of Poison.  He had a similar brain hemorrhage and was treated the same exact way as I was, at the same hospital, by the same doctors, and had the same recovery.  1 in a million.  or 2 in a million really.

I don't take this surgery thing lightly.  It is a big deal no matter how "simple" the procedure, but the doctor has told me he has so far had a 100% success rate, and many hundreds of surgeries. That is comforting, even if he does stress the risks very plainly.  I like his honest straight forward approach.


So wish me luck! You won't be seeing me much in October, and now you know why. We'll see you From now until October and more in November.


Sincerely,
Grin


Stay Creative, It's Good For You.
Show me your nerd swagger, and leave a comment.



surgeon with headlamp © Lisa Eastman #52450 acquired from Microsoft Office Images.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For those that don't use facebook, please comment here.