Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day: Street Interviews. Japan!

Today I attempted another Street Interview after my regular Job.  Since my work finished pretty late, it was dark by the time I was set to do the interviews. I decided to go to an Aeon Mall, where there would be warmth and plenty of light.  I walked around and asked random people if I could ask them a few questions about Valentine's day for my YouTube channel.  Some said no, some said yes, and some didn't realize I was going to use the video for YouTube until I told them where they could watch it.   I had to delete two videos after the interviews by request of the interviewees.

I had done maybe ten interviews when I realized I was being trailed by the mall security.  I walked up to the man with a huge grin on my face and asked if everything was ok.  He asked me what I was doing, how I was doing it, and what kind of questions I was asking people.  Then he checked with the mall manager.  He was very polite and we joked about Valentines day and all the singles while waiting for word from the manager.  In the end, the manager declined to allow me to do my videos.  They politely asked me not to do any more interviews and I thanked them for their time.  I am, however, able to use the interviews I already took.

The video will hopefully be up tomorrow, though it is after Valentines day, I just don't have the time to edit and post it tonight.  The basic theme is that Valentine's day in Japan and America are different.  In Japan, women give men chocolate for Valentine's day and men reciprocate March 14th on what they call White Day.  How many of my interviewees actually gave and received chocolate?  Stay tuned to find out.

Be creative, it's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those that don't use facebook, please comment here.